Dr. Siddiqi Neurosurgeon - Credentials
Shah N. Siddiqi, M.D., F.R.C.S.(C), F.A.C.S.
- UK FULL REGISTRATION as Medical Practitioner
- LMCC (Canada), ECFMG (USA), FLEX (USA)
- Diplomate of American Board of Neurological Surgeons, 2001
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Houston Methodist Hospital
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (Spine Section)
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons, Canada
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Texas Medical Association
- Harris County Medical Society
- The Spine Arthroplasty Society
- North American Spine Society
AWARDS / PRIZES
- The Horsey University of Toronto Neurosurgical Resident Prize for Clinical Research, 1995.
- American College of Surgeons (Trauma) Resident Research Award: Regional Winner, 1995.
- Toronto Surgical Scientist Award – July 1993 to June 1995.
- K. G. McKenzie Research Award, 1994 (Canadian Neurological/Neurosurgical Society)
- Society of Neurotrauma Poster Excellence Award, 1994.
- Gallie-Bateman Resident Research Award: Honorary Mention, 1995
- K. G. McKenzie 2nd Prize for Basic Science Research: Canadian Congress of Neurological Science, Annual Meeting, 1995
- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease Mimicking Adult-Onset Adqueductal Stenosis: Siddiqi SN & Fehlings MG (J Neurosurg 80: 1095-1098, 1994).
- The Detection And Management Of Intracranial Hypertension Following Initial Suture Release And Decomposition for Craniofacial Dysostosis Syndromes: Siddiqi SN, Posnick JC, Buncic R., Humphreys RP, Hoffman HJ, Rutka JT (Neurosurgery 36: 703-709, 1995).
- The Effects of 125I Brachytherapy On The Cell Cycle And Histo-Pathology Of Recurrent Malignant Astrocytomas: Siddiqi SN, Provias J, LaPerriere N, Bernstein M ( Neurosurgery 40: 910-918,1997).
- Birth Trauma: Drake JM & Siddiqi SN (Vol. 3, Chapter 72: 1767-77, 'Neurological Surgery' Ed. Youmans, 1995).
- Ventral and Anterolateral Cervicothoracic, Thoracic, Thoracolumbar, Lumbar and Lumbosacral Spine Decompression and Fusion: Siddiqi SN & Fehlings MG (Chapter 19: 267-284, 'Spine Surgery: Techniques, Complication Avoidance and Management', Ed. E. Benzel, 1999).
PRESENTATIONS AT SCIENTIFIC MEETINGS / ABSTRACTS
- Symptomatic Vertebral Haemangiomas: Siddiqi SN, Tator CH, Montanera W (World Congress of Neurological Surgery Annual Meeting, Acapulco, Mexico, Oct. 1993).
- L'hermitte-Duclos Disease Mimicking Adult-Onset Aqueductal Stenosis: Siddiqi SN & Fehlings M (Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences Annual Meeting, June 1993).
- The Detection And Management Of Intracranial Hypertension Following Early Craniofacial Surgery: Siddiqi SN, Rutka J, Posnick J, Hoffmann HJ, Humphreys RJ, Drake JM (Congress of Neurological Surgery Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Oct. 1993).
- Anterior Callostomy For Intractable Seizures In Children: Siddiqi SN, Hwang P, Hoffmann HJ, Otsubo H (AANS Annual Meeting, San Diego, April 1994).
- Symptomatic Aneurysmal Bone Cysts Of The Spine In Childhood: Siddiqi SN, Rutka JT, Hoffmann HJ (Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves, AANS, Florida, Feb. 1994).
- Subdural Hematomas Associated With Intracranial Arachnoid Cysts: A Clinico-Pathological Study. Siddiqi SN, Duncan JF III, Becker LE, Humphreys RP (Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences Annual Meeting, St. John's, Newfoundland, June 1994).
- The Role Of Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha In Neuronal Injury At Different Oxygen Tensions-An In Vitro Study: Siddiqi SN, Pennefather PS, Schlichter LC (Society Of Neuroscience Annual Meeting, Florida, November 1994).
- A New In Vitro Model of Anoxic-Ischemic Neuronal Injury To Study The Role Of Intracellular Calcium In Neuronal Death: Siddiqi SN, Schlichter LC, Pennefather PS (12th Annual Neurotrauma Symposium, Florida, November 1994).
- The Effects of 125I Brachytherapy On The Cell Cycle And Histo-Pathology Of Recurrent Malignant Astrocytomas: Siddiqi SN, Provias J, LaPerrierre N, Bernstein M (Canadian Congress of Neurological Sciences Annual Meeting, June 1995).
- Cytokine (TNF-Alpha) Mediated Neuroprotection In A New In Vitro Model Of Anoxic-Ischemic Neuronal Injury: Siddiqi SN, Pennefather PS, Schlichter LC (International Neurotrauma Meeting, July 1995).
- The Effects of 125I Brachytherapy On The Cell Cycle And Histo-Pathology Of Malignant Astrocytomas Following Initial Surgery And Conventional Radiation Therapy: Siddiqi SN, Provias J, LaPerriere N, Bernstein M (AANS Annual Meeting, April 1996).
- Posterior Transarticular Screw Fixation: Prospective Analysis Of A Simplified Technique With Longterm Follow-up: Siddiqi SN & Fehlings MG (AANS Annual Meeting, April 1996).
- Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy: Augmenting Cervical Laminectomy With Posterolateral Fusion/Fixation To Reduce Stretch Associated Cord Injury: Siddiqi SN, (World Spine Society Meeting, July, 2007)
EXPERIMENTAL LABORATORY INVESTIGATIONS
- Neuro-Immunology: Cytokine, TFN-Alpha, Mediated Neuroprotection In A New In Vitro Model Of Anoxic-Ischemic Neuronal Injury. Primary Investigator: Siddiqi SN, B.Sc.(Hons.), M.D.
Supervisors: Pennefather PS, Ph.D. and Schlichter LC, Ph.D.
- M.Sc. Advisory Committee Members: Tator CH, Ph.D., FRCS, Mills L, Ph.D., Pennefather PS, Ph.D. and Schlichter LC, Ph.D..
- Period of Study: June 1993-June 1995
- Place: Playfair Neuroscience Unit, The Toronto Hospital, Western Division (Co-Director: Tator CH), and Dept. of Physiology, University of Toronto.
- Financial Support: University of Toronto Surgical Scientist Award & K. G. McKenzie Research Award
- Minimally Invasive and Complex Spinal Surgery/ Spinal Cord Injury
- Molecular Biology Of Neuronal Injury
- Spine and Spinal Cord Injury